Home Assistant has a lot of integrations, but sometimes it's not enough. Fortunately, Home Assistant provides a way to add external integrations.
I use HACS for managing my third-party integrations and cards.
Developed by Me¶
Sometimes even extensions provided by HACS are not enough, so I had to develop some extensions by myself.
By default, Home Assistant does not provide any card for controlling vacuum cleaners. This card displays the state and allows you to control your robot.
As for vacuums, Home Assistant doesn't provide any card for controlling air purifiers either. This card displays the state and allows to control your air purifier.
Here's a list of extensions developed by other developers.
mini-media-player— The default one looks not so elegant and has way fewer options to display.
mini-graph-card— This one has a ton of different options. The killer feature for me: the ability to animate and display multiple graphs.
mini-humidifier— Simple and minimalistic. Default humidifier card allows displaying humidifiers only from
humidifierdomain, whereas my humidifier is available under
fandomain. I don't actually like this card and plan to make my own to match the design of vacuum and purifier cards.
lovelace-xiaomi-vacuum-map-card— This card enables you to specify a target or start a zoned cleanup using a live or static map, just like in Xiaomi Home app. Additionally you can define a list of zones and choose the ones to be cleaned.
state-switch— This card is like a usual conditional card, but allows to make conditions based on the current user. I used this only to display appropriate Spotify player in Lovelace.
- HACS (Home Assistant Community Store) — A store for easier management of
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier, Air Humidifier, Air Fresh and Pedestal Fan Integration — This is a custom component for a home assistant to integrate my Mijia Smart Sterilization Humidifier (
deerma.humidifier.mjjsq), which is not supported by built-in integration.
- SamsungTV Tizen — Built-in integration is very limited. It's a modified version of the built-in
samsungtvintegration with some extra features.
- Xiaomi Cloud Map Extractor — This custom integration provides a way to present a live view of a map for a Xiaomi (and Roborock) vacuums.
- Circadian Lighting — Circadian Lighting slowly synchronizes your color-changing lights with the regular naturally occurring color temperature of the sky throughout the day. This gives your environment a more natural feel, with cooler hues during the midday and warmer tints near twilight and dawn. Built-in
fluxintegration is very limited and bold.
- Car Wash — This component checks the weather forecast for several days in advance and concludes whether it is worth washing the car now.
- Snowtire — This component checks the weather forecast for several days in advance and concludes whether it is time to change car tires from summer to winter and vice versa.